Categories: Team Member Spotlight
Todd Withrow, Marketing & Web Design
- Are you Married? I am not married. I do have a girlfriend though of 3 years.
- Do you have any children? If so, how many? I do not have any children. I’ve always wanted like eight though. Everyone I tell this to tells me the same thing “wait till you have one”😊
- Do you have any siblings? I do. I have one brother. His name is Wade Withrow. He works in security for one of the largest retail store chains in the country. He too was born and raised in Georgia—and still lives here.
- Do you have any pets? I have two Morkies. I didn’t know what a Morkie was until we got some. Morkies are a mix between a Yorkie and Maltese. They are two years old. Still look like puppies.
- Where did you grow up? I was born in Decatur, GA. We moved to Norcross, GA for a few years while my Dad built our house in Duluth, GA. I lived there until college, then I moved out. My parents still live there.
- What part of town do you live in? I bought a house in Buford, GA after graduating college and landing my first job. I still have the house but am currently looking in the North Georgia Mountains for a new place to call home.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Why? The North Georgia Mountains appear to be a nice place to live. But if I could live anywhere, it would be somewhere east of Atlanta. Close enough to get to the city, and only a few hours away from the beach in Tybee Island. And not too far away from the mountains. So somewhere with a lot of land, and close to a city, the beach, and the mountains😉
- If you aren’t currently working your dream job, what would your dream job be? I love what I do. Website design and internet marketing changes daily. It keeps me on my toes. It’s a full-time job just keeping up with everything. But that’s pretty much what I do. Then educate our staff and clients and business partners so they stay up to date with everything as well.
- Did you go to college? If so, where? I did. The Art Institute of Atlanta. For multimedia and computer animation. Then to DeVry for a BA in Entrepreneurship.
- Are you working in the field of study you went to college for? Yes. There wasn’t much computer animation work in Atlanta at the time I graduated, so I relied heavily on my multimedia education. Multimedia = websites. About half of our business is website design and development. The other half is internet marketing. Then I definitely utilized my Entrepreneurship education from DeVry when I started NicheLabs about 12 years ago.
- What do you do for fun? I love the outdoors and traveling. I do a bit of traveling back and forth to Florida for business, as we have several hundred clients in SWFL. And my extended family, and girlfriend’s family, all live up north. So when traveling back and forth from FL to GA and up north we stop and enjoy the various sights to see. We do a lot of hiking.
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, in what ways would it change your life? I’d donate my time to helping start-ups be more successful. I have a ton of business and product ideas I’d love to explore. If I’m not able to have the “eight” kids I want, maybe I’d start an orphanage😊
- What is something we don’t know about you that we would be surprised about? I’m a big nature and animal lover. I’d love to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. When I get back, buy a bunch of land, and animals, and live off the land. Might be a bit surprising for someone so entrenched in technology and business / social networking.
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you ever did? When I was really young, I went to a summer camp. I had to get up in front of a ton of kids and put on a comedy show. I had all of my jokes written down and ready. But when I got up, the sheet of jokes fell out of my book, and I didn’t realize it. So I stood up in front of everyone, fumbling around for my jokes, but couldn’t find it. So I had to wing the whole skit. I had everyone laughing, but to this day, I’m still not sure if they were laughing “with” me or laughing “at” me. Hence the reason I’m still a little shy about public speaking 😐